Sunday, October 23, 2011

Ruffles and Burlap

 For our Relief Society meeting this month we did a let's talk turkey night. We had a great Thanksgiving dinner and some "how to" classes, it was a great evening. As part of that night they had a table with different place settings that people had signed up to bring to show different ways to set your table. I signed up to bring one of those settings.


Of course fall colors were swirling around in my head but then I realized I don't have a "fall" plate setting. What do I have? I have my Crate & Barrel dishes that I have yet to use. They're a white ruffle'y' looking plate and that's where my inspiration came from.

I decided to go with ruffles and burlap. I've wanted to do a project with burlap for a long time and knew this would be perfect. I went to Joann's to buy my burlap and some white fabric, burlap is really inexpensive which I'm thrilled about. (now I can do more projects in burlap)

First I used an old placemat to get the size I wanted. I made it a little wider than normal because I knew I was adding a ruffle to the edge. I frayed the edges a little and made a ruffle out of the white fabric. I then glued that to one edge.


I also made a napkin ring from a tp roll by gluing some burlap around it and adding a small ruffle.


  I wanted to add something fun to the wine glass and so I made this ruffle flower.
 The place card was just a tag which I stamped and tied to a pine cone.

 I had made apple crisp for my YW activity so I thought it would be fun to add a single dessert serving to the place setting. I wrapped the jar in twine and added the label.


 I love how it all turned out and will now be making enough settings for a dinner party that I need to have in the near future.
I'm linked up at:

Today's Creative Blog
Tip Junkie
Whipperberry

1 comment:

Ingrid Talpak said...

Very, very CUTE! I really like the contrast between the burlap and the ruffles.

This would be so nice for a bridal shower that has a country theme.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails