Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A little Halloween

I have been SO excited to decorate for Halloween this year. I've been collecting things and ideas since the end of August. I've finally got the house in enough order and most of it unpacked that I couldn't wait any longer. I'm only about half done, I still need to do out side and get some pumpkins but for now this will hold me over.

I pinned a lot of ideas on Pinterest and these are some that I actually did.





 I made my own spell book from a old dictionary I found at DI. I made my spell pages in Printshop and distressed them to make them look old and well used. I turned the corners of the book and sprayed random pages with a water. I also used my brown ink to make it look older. I love how it turned out!!
 I also used some inspiration I saw at Pottery Barn. I've been collecting apothecary jars from HomeGoods for a few months knowing what I wanted to use them for ~ best place to buy them!
 The skulls I found at Michaels and grabbed them right away and the crow I found at Dollar Tree.

 I also found a tulle wreath on Pinterest and knew I wanted to make my own. I added some ribbon I found at Michaels and a glittery spider.
 I used my favorite frame from Hobby Lobby to put a print from Less Cake More Frosting that she designed. I'm still searching for a square bowl to put on top of that candle holder and paint it all black so I can stick in a white pumpkin. I made the small stand from a candle plate and candle stick I found at the Dollar Tree.
 Love this Spooky sign from Michaels.


Like I said I'm still working on my outside entry but I do have my lantern out for now.
 I saw this table runner at the Polka Dot Market and LOVED it!! But the price was a little high so I figured I could make my own and I love how it turned out. I'm planning on putting 3 white pumpkins with vinyl "Trick or Treat" on them to go on top but I'm still waiting on the vinyl to arrive that I ordered so I'll show ya that once it's done.

I still have more to do. I'm making my specimen jars and of course waiting on my pumpkins and a few other spooky things but this will get me started. Hope you enjoyed it!


I"m linked up at Whipper Berry 
and at TaterTots & Jello 
and Today's Creative Blog
and Tip Junkie

27 comments:

Brittney said...

Love everything you have done! You have been VERY busy. If you ever need vinyl for anything, feel free to give me a call, I would love to help you out with whatever you need. Sister discount = free. :)

Halvorsen Family said...

This is the first time I've perused your blog and it is so great!! You've got your mothers flare for creativity! Love it!

Dacia said...

Everything looks so awesome! I'm so jealous cause we were going to decorate the house this week & I got sick. Can't wait to see it all done. You've got such creative skilz!

Faith said...

Great ideas!

nightowl_72 said...

Lovely!

Leigh said...

That spell book is super cool! It adds the finishing touch. :)


-Leigh
fun-to-funky.blogspot.com/

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Love everything you've done so far and that spell book is clever! I really like the runner with the polka dots, very nice. You are so clever.

La Petite Vie said...

LOVE all of your decor, so chic! Especially love your wreath!

my101bucketlist said...

Any chance you'd share your photoshop lay out for the spell pages? I'd love to make this!

Tish said...

Awesome. Could you share your dictionary pages? Would love it. Thanks

Jackman Clan said...

Thank you for sharing this potion book. This was a wonderful idea - I did one for my son's Harry Potter birthday party. http://reidgirlshandmade.blogspot.com/2012/09/harry-potter-party-halloween-crafts.html

Thanks again

Tish said...

Forgot to include my e-mail if you're sharing the spell book. Thanks..love it.

ferrellgraph-x said...

I found my way to your blog via Pinterest. I love your decorations. Your spell book is awesome! I'd love to make one too! Will you share your pages?
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

sharon stratton said...

I saw your spell book on Pinterest and would love to make one. If you share your potion pages my email is Sharondstratton@gmail.com

g*rated said...

I would love a copy of your spell book as well if you are sharing! chelzcottrell@gmail.com

Phyllis @Around the House said...

So so cute, I love how you did the book, not sure what or where is DI, I think I will look at the goodwill and find me one and try my hand at it...thanks for sharing your wonderful and creative ideas...If I am not a follower I am now...come on over for a visit, love to have creative visitors...

torri said...

would you be willing to share the pages you made? I don't have photoshop and wouldn't have a clue how to make them on my own!

Carissa said...

If you are willing to share spell book pages I would love a copy!
Carissamalouf@hotmail.com

Brooke said...

Super cute!!! I too would love if you would share your pages from your spell book. Thanks!! My email is onewildefamily at yahoo dot com

Tiffany Rodriguez said...

I would also love to have some ideas of your spellbook, if you are sharing! I saw this and I completely fell in love with it! tiffrod117@gmail.com

Dawn said...

If you are sharing your spell book pages I would love a copy too!
timdee@comnett.net

Carolyn Ebmeyer said...

Your spell book is amazing! You are so creative! I would LOVE it if you would share. We are doing a haunted house theme table d├ęcor at our church Halloween Party. It would be perfect! Thank you for sharing your talents! My email address is: brucecarolyn@verizon.net.
Thank you so much!!1

Emy said...

I found your blog looking for spell books and love yours best. So great looking! I saw posts requesting your copy, but cannot see if you are sharing. If so, I'd love a copy! Thank you gregandemy@netzero.net

Tracy said...

I have made the book, but am having a really hard time making my final top pages. Any chance I can have a copy too?
My email address is bubblegumgirl@gmail.com

Tiffany Rodriguez said...

I love this Spell book! I made me own pages glued them to a book, I sprayed the pages with water and burned a few of them... My question is what kind of ink did you use to distress and did you just rub it on there? My pages are way to white and I just need to make them not so white. Please help I would appreciate it. =)-Tiff

conniecoach2 said...

Just wanted to add my email to the list of people who would love to have a copy of your pages - conniecoach2@yahoo.com They are AWE$SOME!!

Ben said...

Your spell book is amazing! you are very talented. IF you are by chance sharing your potion pages could I get a copy?
paulshari@cox.net

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails