Friday, October 8, 2010

Halloween project #4 ~ Halloween Candelabra

When I saw this next project featured on one of my favorite blogs I knew I had to do it, and soon. But as I started hunting the thrift stores where I live I realized it wasn't going to be as easy as I'd hoped. This project came from Sawdust and Paperscraps which I found at Ucreate.
She used old lamp bases, a chandelier, some PVC pipe, and beads to create this amazing candelabra.

So this one is hers




and this one is mine
Pretty cool huh? You'd never guess the chandelier was a brass color and the lamp base was an odd red, amazing what a little spray paint can do. I didn't want a floor one, just one to put on my table. Thankfully I have an amazing friend who was also on board to do this project and she was out hunting one day and found everything we needed to do them. She is doing a floor one and I can't wait to see how hers turns out. She even did most of the work for me by gutting the lamp and attaching the two things together. All I had to do was spray paint it and hang the beads. (note: spray painting beads is not an easy task) I love it and now just need to find some candles to go in it.


Well I did better than just find some candles, I made them. Yep out of cardstock, hot glue and spray paint. The original instructions were to use a TP tube and I tried that but they were too skinny. So my friend did hers out of cardstock and they turned out great. So that's what I did. All ya do is drip some hot glue down the sides and then spray paint them white. I added some plastic grocery bags to the middles to hold up my battery tea light. Perfect! We also got this idea from Sawdust and Paperscraps.



Wouldn't this look great on the dinner table for a party? ! I can't wait to use it! So thank you to Sawdust and Paperscraps for sharing an amazing project and to my great friend for her generosity and hard work. Oh and you can see her finished project here.



linked up to the CSI challange







Photobucket

3 comments:

Sawdust Girl said...

It turned out great! I love the previous project too. Lots of awesome ideas!
p.s. I'd love to see your friends candelabra too when she's done.

Dacia said...

Can't wait to see it with candles. Here's a great way to do candles if you don't want to buy any

http://annieroseshouse.blogspot.com/2010/10/fake-dripping-candles.html

Mine will be done soon when I can use my spray paint again :)

Thanks for the idea!

Lei said...

I saw that too and thought it was A-Mazing. Yours turned out awesome!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails